How to message applicants
1. Access your Company Admin Page.
2. Click on the 'Applicants' tab
3. Select each applicant to begin messaging
Can I send potential candidates messages even if they haven't applied for my position?
Of course! Not all users are actively looking for work and sometimes you might stumble across someone who seems to be a perfect fit for your company. You can use the message service to chat with potential candidates.
How quickly should I be replying to candidates?
As fast as you can! In general, candidates are more likely to reply to companies with fast responses.
What kind of messages should I be sending?
Wantedly's strength is that you can decide the tone of the conversation you have with potential recruits. If you want to speak casually, then go ahead! That being said, a high potential candidate might be receiving a number of messages so it's recommended to get to the point quickly. We recommend the following structure to messages:
- Thank them for their interest in your company
- Give them a number of suggested times to meet and ask them to suggest alternatives if the first dates don't work
- Let them know exactly how much of their time you require
- Let them know what they need to bring
Do I always need to respond to applicants?
Applicants are informed that they should not always expect a reply from each company they apply to. You do not have to reply to all applicants.
That being said, some companies do choose to send short rejection messages, which are appreciated by users who want to know the status of their application. We recommend creating template messages for various situations.
If you are still having trouble, contact the Wantedly Customer Relations Team here!